We get so concerned with our face, we forget that the signs of aging might be creeping up on our neck and décolleté area. You can prevent or treat discoloration, fatty deposits, wrinkles, bands and even loose skin that can evolve into the dreaded turkey neck—and maintain a more youthful look. Here are 4 options you can use to treat and protect these forgotten but important areas.
1. Investing in skin care is extremely important in preventing and protecting our skin. Listed below are the 3 most important products you can have in your daily routine:
- Retinol is from the Vitamin A family that plumps skin and helps reduce fine lines and improve the texture of your skin.
- Using a comprehensive UVA and UVB sunscreen is essential to good skin health and maintaining a youthful appearance. It is the most important topical in your daily routine to combat aging and protect against skin cancer.
- Vitamin C fights free radicals and stimulates collagen growth.
2. If you are concerned with discoloration, then Broad Band Light treatments will be the best treatment option for you. Patients are seeing immediate results with pigmented lesions, freckles, age spots, Rosacea and small facial capillaries that can produce redness. Results are immediate with little to no down time. Findings have shown regular maintenance treatments using broad band light functionally rejuvenates skin and delays aging!
3. Concerned with loose skin? Dr. Olson uses the Harmony Platform which incorporates broad band spectrum infrared light to tighten the skin of the brow, eyelids, face, jaw, and neck. The dermal heating of the infrared light stimulates your existing collagen and elastin to tighten and rejuvenate. Skin tight is a popular alternative to cosmetic surgery because there is no pain or recovery. Results are seen immediately but can improve over a period of 2-3 months.
4. The vertical bands in the neck, or platysma muscles become more prominent with age as the skin thins and there is fat loss. These bands are seen more when we tighten our neck or "grimace". Dr. Olson injects Botox, Dysport, or Xeomen into these bands to relax them, restoring the angle of the jawline and neck.
baton rouge botox doctor, baton rouge sculptra doctor, baton rouge juvederm voluma doctor, norwalk botox doctor, norwalk sculptra doctor, norwalk juvederm voluma doctor, liquid face lift doctor, new orleans doctor, covington doctor, connecticut doctor, greenwich doctor